|Close-up of the bodice. All the Mickeys are freehanded with a ballpoint pen, because you can't trace with vinyl pleather :(|
|I originally had craft-glued the cells on, but that was before I switched to Heat n Bond. I then proceeded to rip off the glued cells and reattach them with HnB. I'm nuts, what else is new...|
|After literally a day's worth of pattern-drafting for the underskirt, I set up the "sheets" and what sketches I wanted on each one.|
|A day and a half later, the tracings are done and the 'papers' are stitched in place on the dress.|
After the skirt was sewn together with the zipper installed, I had to hand-sew the filmstrip border on. Again, an annoying thing about vinyl-pleather: hates sewing machines.
Fun Fact: Total number of Who Framed Roger Rabbit viewings while making this: 7.5
What's currently being worked on are the gloves. Hot-glue + gloves + pencils and paintbrushes = Voila!
Once the dress is fully done and out of the way, I'll proceed to the final part of the project, the small-scale float model.
Another thing I wanted to post in here were the VERY FIRST sketches of this whole entire project. Like, even before the whole concept popped into my head.
See, these were originally designs I wanted my friends to do if we were going to D23 Expo together. That plan fell thru in that respect (tho I DID get to attend for free!). But I held onto the designs just in case they could be useful later. Which they did!
|Adventureland and a very faint idea of Frontierland. I tried to got for a pirate/tribal combo here.|
|Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, which didn't stray too far from the final concepts for the project!|