Friday, June 17, 2011

Creative Costuming: Fantasyland!

Kicking off the Creative Costuming part of the project with the first set...


Their design hasn't changed too much since the original sketch.


I made her outfit less clownish by lowering her skirt and adding more princess-y details.

If you can't tell, the main inspiration for this set was -what I consider- the heart of Fantasyland: the Carousel! I narrowed that down to being the most iconic for the area (that wasn't film/character-centric). Plus the tent contained all the colors that the land is usually associated with.

Placing the colors for the guy was tricky. Didn't wanna make his outfit too...yeah.

I have the Frontierland, Adventureland, and Tomorrowland duos sketched out, but I can already say that the Fantasyland duo is probably the best out of the four MK sets.
_________________
Costume Count: 2/32

No comments:

Post a Comment