Wednesday, February 22, 2012


Long time, no post! Well, at least a post on something related to this project!

This past weekend, I wore my completed Animation Courtyard dress to a convention in Maryland. I was absolutely STUNNED how well-received it was; I was tearing up at so many instances because of the kind words people said about it, no joke. I've been cosplaying for about 10 years and I don't think any of my costumes ever received as much praise as this one. Considering this was one of my own design? That meant the world to me.

Bah, enough of me being sappy, PHOTOS!






Even B&W suits this costume!


I made a quick lil' palette as a prop. Get it? Animator's Palette? dohohoho



More photos to come!

My friend Tiffany managed to grab a video of my skirt in rotation so you can kiiiiinda see the Mickey run-cycle in effect.


Now, unfortunately my project isn't 100% done. Part of my 'contract' was to create a small-scale model of one of the floats. I had a hard time picking which one to make, but thought about making the Florida Project one. But then I realized that it'd be hard to tell the scale of the rest of the floats. So I decided to make a small-scale model of the WHOLE parade!

I printed out everything on photo-paper and carefully cut out the floats and costumes.
Magic Kingdom!

EPCOT Center!

MGM Studios! Note here that I added Citizens of Hollywood to fill in the missing two pairs.

Animal Kingdom!

And the opener and closer floats.

I have a rough idea of how I wanna present them (there's a reason why their bases are that reddish color!), just gotta get more materials to do so!

I also have a rough idea of how I want the whole exhibit to look when I display it in the gallery in May.
I need to get a definite answer as to how much space I'm given, because I need a LOT of space! But this is what I was thinking so far...


And while I'm not sure if I can finish it in time for the show (tho I'm sure I will somehow, haha), I'll be tackling the Future World costume next. It's not that hard once you break its construction down!

No comments:

Post a Comment