Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Creative Costuming: Animation Courtyard!

Again, I'm jumpin' around...To start off the MGM Studios set, we have my favorite area of the park- and home to the studio that made my favorite Disney film "Lilo & Stitch"-, The Animation Courtyard! I veered away from doing anything for this area at first, but after a chat with a good Disney pal o' mine, I decided to come back to the idea.

Animation, as you all may or may not know, is my passion, and is one of my favorite parts of Disney. It's a gorgeous and limitless medium and without it, I don't think Walt Disney Studios would be the same.

I prefer 2D/tradtional animation over 3D/CGI, so I wanted to pay tribute to that part of Disney history.

Really wish I could've worked at the Animation Courtyard as part of my internship, since it *is* my major. Oh well! I visited it enough to stalk characters, haha




The girl's skirt is composed of animation paper with Mickey sketches on it. The film strips have pencil-test animation of Mickey doing a running cycle and of various expressions. [I take no credit for drawing those! They're authentic pieces I pasted in].
The brushes and pencils on the costumes are taken from The Magic of Disney Animation sign, same with the film strip detailing. I went with the same color scheme, too. It screams, MICKEY MOUSE, so it all works together with the sketches.

Here's a bit of a close-up:

_______________
Costume Count :  20/32
COMPLETED COSTUME:

No comments:

Post a Comment