Thursday, September 1, 2011

Before my time...

No designs in this post, but I feel like I had to post something about the latest from the Disney Parks Blog.

Now, I'm really only knowledgeable of things from WDW from a certain point onward. Mainly when I was, ya know, alive, and able to experience things first hand or at least look back in photo albums and have evidence. I'm aware there were many parades before I was born, or going on while I was too young to remember them. But I don't know everything.

So I hope nobody goes and says I'm copying the concept behind the WDW Tencennial Celebration. Which I just found out about today. Yep.

Though, I gotta say, I'm glad my designs are really nothing like the ones from that parade!

-Tomorrowland looks like a synchronized swimteam. The lack of colors in these costumes disappoints me to no end.
-Frontierland, I find it funny that my scrapped idea for the girls was parlour girls, and yet that's exactly what they went with here!
-Fantasyland is just Cindy in a carriage. Yawn.
-Adventureland is the only one that really seems appropriate all around, but I can't help but think of Bahia when I look at the dresses. That or bananas.

Yeah yeah, I know...Disney didn't have the budget it has today to go all out with floats and costumes *coughpixarparadecough* so I'm not being too kind in that respect. I'm just glad that they've improved over the years, else the guests would be bored to tears. People expect the best from their parades!

~






No comments:

Post a Comment